PACIFIC PUBLIC HEALTH TRAINING CENTER NEWS – DECEMBER 2018
1. The Silicon Valley Workforce Investment Network Presents: CRISIS AND OPPORTUNITY: California’s Health Care Workforce in Transition, December 10, 2018 at The Fairmont Hotel in Downtown San José.
This workshop is Jointly Sponsored by the California Caregiver Training Initiative (CTI), and a growing collaboration of California’s health care employers,
employee associations, public agencies, and education, training, and workforce development organizations including: Silicon Valley Workforce Investment Network, Alameda County Workforce Investment Board (WIB), Council on
Aging, Contra Costa Workforce Investment Board, NOVA Workforce Investment Board, Oakland Private Industry Council, EASTBAY Works, Richmond Works, San Benito Workforce Investment Board, Santa Cruz Workforce Investment Board, Service Employees International Union (SEIU),
Shirley Ware Education Center, Foothill DeAnza Occupational Training Institute (OTI), Kaiser Permanente, Northern California Hospital Council, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, Workforce Silicon Valley and the Regional Health
Occupations Resource Center, Southeast Los Angeles County Workforce Investment Board (SELACO). For more information and for registration, please visit http://220.127.116.11/chcw/home.asp
2. Training component modules will be presented in a two-day distance learning satellite videoconference on December 5-6, 2018. Modules of the 2-day program will be available in a variety of formats including videotape, CD-ROMs, through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website and through print materials for subsequent use. Public Health Foundation will distribute
videos, CDs, and selected print materials (free of charge) shortly after the program broadcast. For Registration Information, Visit the CDC/ATSDR Training and Continuing Education Online System at http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/phtnonline to register online for these programs.
3. CDC Bioterrorism Update: A National Immunization Program and Public Health Training Network Satellite Broadcast http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/phtn/default.asp
December 5, 2018 – Part 1 12:30 PM – 5:30 PM ET
December 6, 2018 – Part 2 12:30 PM – 5:30 PM ET
4. Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Safety Course- January 2003. A 2-day Comprehensive California OSHA Safety Course is scheduled for January 2003. EARN YOUR OSHA 10HR CARD! OSHA Approved. Space is
limited! Fax or call in your registration TODAY! Call: 1-800-206-6705 * (563) 322-4942 * Fax: 1-888-398-6245. To register online and for more information, visit www.trainosha.com.
5. Crisis And Emergency Risk Communication Satellite Conferences Part Four of Six Working with Stakeholders and Partners for Effective Communication Other Communication Channels: 12/03/02 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET. For more information, contact Video Communications at the Alabama Department of Public
Health at (334) 206-5618 or visit http://www.alapubhealth.org/alphtn.
6. 2018 STD Treatment Guidelines Update: 12/10/02 3:00 PM-4:00 PM ET
For more information, visit http://www.stdcentral.org/GR/GRRegistration.html.
7. Crisis And Emergency Risk Communication Satellite Conferences Part Six of Six . Understanding The Roles of Federal, State, and Local Health Partners Media and Public Health Law : 12/17/02 2:00 PM-4:00 PM ET. For more information, contact Video Communications at the Alabama Department of Public Health at (334) 206-5618 or visit http://www.alapubhealth.org/alphtn.